I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
If you haven’t tried French toast stuffed with a soft cream cheese spread, you haven’t lived. Seriously, my Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast with Philly cream cheese is out of this world G.O.O.D. good!! No lie. Oh… and I forgot to mention the awesome Fresh Blueberry Syrup.
I mean, just look at it. Cream cheese oozing out of the bread. Bread dipped in egg and cooked panni syle. Cause I’m cool like that. But, hey- you could just as easily cook it up stove top style. Whatever floats your boat.
I love to find good deals on groceries. Love. LOVE. Love.
What’s not to love about saving money, right? That’s why I was uber excited that we just recently got a new Walmart Supercenter about 10 minutes away from me. Less money on gas, less time = more money in my pocket and more time for me. Win-win!
I found the blueberry Philadelphia Cream Cheese front and center at Walmart, and as expected it was a nice price.
Do you cook from recipes? One of the amazingly fun things about being a food blogger is that I can totally get away with having an awesome excuse for not using recipes and experimenting with food. Which is something I have ALWAYS done… but now I have an excuse and get paid to experiment. And create recipes for other people to use. How cool is that? Working with #CollectiveBias has been a great way for me to experiment with cooking.
So… I decided to whip up some fun Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast just because. No special occasion needed.
While this isn’t a recipe, per say… I’ll go ahead and give you the ingredients and directions, because I know some people will not cook without a recipe or directions. And that is fine. We all cook how we cook.
You know, there was a time when I couldn’t cook to save my life, so I totally get it!
Here’s all you need to make this fun breakfast that gets in a few food groups straight away in the morning: Blueberry Philadelphia Cream Cheese spread (#SpreadTheFlavor because it rocks!), bread (your fave), a couple eggs, a pint of blueberries, little bit of sugar, and some water. Walla… nutritious Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast with Fresh Blueberry Syrup! And remember, you can make it more nutritious by choosing a healthy bread and reducing the amount of sugar in the syrup.
- Blueberry Philadelphia spreadable cream cheese
- Bread (2 pieces per serving)
- Eggs (2 will make approx. 3 servings)
- Spread a tablespoon or two of cream cheese (more or less depending on how much you want- I just eyeball it and use a butter knife without actually measuring it) on slice of bread and cover with another slice.
- Beat eggs (2 eggs will coat about 3 cream cheese ‘sandwiches’). Dip cream cheese stuffed bread into egg and coat both sides.
- Cook either on medium-high on your stove top or on a panni grill. Either way works great!
- Serve up with regular syrup, blueberry syrup (recipe below!), and/or powdered sugar. Yum!
- Pint blueberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Combine all ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer while stirring occasionally. Cook for 5-10 minutes to reduce/thicken. Remove from