LOVE, LOVE, LOVE me some apples. And, Apple Crisp is fabulous alternative to apple pie. Awesome. Amazing.
And healthy, right? Sure… it has butter. And sugar. But, if I’m getting oats and fruit… it’s all good in my book. I mean, hey… it is dessert, right?
I love making up easy to follow recipes, because I don’t like a lot of steps when I’m cooking, and I like to keep things simple for you as well. This recipe has basic directions that make this recipe as quick as snapping your fingers.
Okay… not quite that fast, but you get the idea.
First: Peel and slice apples, toss them with lemon juice and stir together with granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Next, in a separate bowl mix together oats, brown sugar, and butter. Yum!
Simple ingredients make a delightful dessert. If you haven’t had Apple Crisp, you are seriously missing out. This is the good stuff. Pair it with vanilla ice cream (because you know that goes with so many things, like my Blueberry Tart or Hot Peanut Butter Fudge Sauce) and you’ll truly enjoy it.
Put all the ingredients in a square baking dish, or make individual servings like I did. The ramekin dishes pictured above are perfect for 1 1/2 cups of dessert delight. First I filled them with the sweet, sugary apples. Then I topped the apples with oats. Simple as that.
Layer on a scoop of vanilla and you’re set for a bite of pure goodness. It’s hard to resist. So don’t.
- 4 cups apples, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Core, peel and slice apples. Toss with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Then stir together with granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, combine quick oats with brown sugar. Melt butter and stir into oats mixture.
- Fill baking dish or individual ramekins with apples mixture. Top with oats and bake for 25 minutes.
More from All She Cooks
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Sparkling Pomegranate Cocktail - 2016/12/03
- Festive Cranberry Margaritas - 2016/12/03
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Salted-Caramel Crunch Topping - 2016/11/30