Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe Plan
I remember a version of this recipe from when I was a kid. Cabbage soup for weight loss. It was a recipe that my mom cooked up and my dad ate off of for days.
So, of course when I decided to try to eat some low-calorie meals, like banana smoothies and my egg white scramble (which is my new favorite breakfast) in an attempt to get back into my jeans from last year–I thought of 7 day cabbage diet soup.
Now of course (in my humble opinion), if you’re going to go all out on the Cabbage Soup Diet, you might want to shake things up a bit and try some of the other real foods soups. I was thrilled to see that someone has come up with a 28-Day Soup Diet Cookbook that does just that! Don’t get me wrong–cabbage soup is the bomb dot com, but I don’t want to eat anything for 28 days straight!
Make Ahead Meals for Freezer
Now, to be real, I only at this for a few days, and didn’t follow the classic 7 day cabbage diet, where you basically only eat this soup. But, I also made enough of this recipe to freeze some, because having some low-calorie lunches on hand is at the top of my list.
I’m in the process of adding an entire freezer meal section to All She Cooks, so I’ve been cooking up a ton of freezer meals lately. Our chest freezer is completely full. And since one of those meals (okay five of them) is meatloaf–well, you can say I’m really looking forward to eating out of the freezer.
Between this soup and all the healthy smoothies I’ve been whipping up in my Ninja Master Prep smoothie maker blender, I’m definitely on the road to healthy living.
- 1 small bag baby carrots
- 1 head cabbage, chopped into small pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pint salsa
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons beef bullion granules
- 14 cups water
- Combine all ingredients and cook for one hour. Divide into 3-4 bagged portions. I use freezer bags and double bag those for my freezer cooking meals.
- To cook freezer meal- defrost in refrigerator overnight. Heat on stovetop until warmed through, or cook in individual portions in microwave.
More from All She Cooks
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Cool Strawberry Soup - 2017/01/19
- Make Egg Rolls with Mushroom Chicken Egg Rolls Recipe - 2017/01/19
- Spicy Tuna Cucumber Cup Appetizers - 2017/01/19