I don’t know about you, but sometimes I need a sweet pick me up. Something relatively lite and easy, with a touch of spice and cinnamon does the trick for me. My perfect snack to nibble on is a handful of cinnamon chips, lightly fried and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. I use these chips in Fried Ice Cream and also the same concept in Fried Ice Cream Tacos. When something tastes so good, replicate!
First, cut soft taco tortillas into triangles. I like to cut the soft tacos in half and then each half into thirds. Using just a couple teaspoons of olive oil, lightly fry the tortillas in a frying pan over medium-low to medium heat. Keep an eye on them, and turn after just a minute or two. They need to be very lightly browned.
Mix up 1/2 cup sugar to 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Remove tortilla chips from heat and place on a paper towel to drain any excess oil. Toss with just a little of the cinnamon and sugar mixture at a time. A little flavoring goes a long way, and the 1/2 cup of sugar with a touch of cinnamon will likely be more than you need… depending on how many chips you decide to make. This recipe is incredibly flexible in that you can make just a few chips or enough for a party.
Serve alone, with ice cream, or with berries and whipped cream. Simply delicious and fabulous!
- Soft taco tortillas (cut in 6 triangles)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Heat 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium-low to medium heat. Add tortilla triangles to oil and lightly fry on each side. 1-2 minutes on each side should result in a lightly browned tortilla chip.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar to 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Drain excess oil on paper towel and then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
More from All She Cooks
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Copycat Famous Dave’s Pit – Best BBQ Rib Recipes - 2017/01/22
- Coconut Chocolate Pudding – Coconut Toasted to Perfection - 2017/01/21
- T.G.I. Fridays Copycat Green Bean Fries Recipe - 2017/01/20