Italian Muffins are a quick and easy accompaniment to dinner! Make a batch tonight! #Italian #muffins #bread
Hi friends! It’s Jamie from Love Bakes Good Cakes! I’m back this month with another delicious recipe! I hate to admit that my mind is slipping. I can’t remember things like I used to. More times than I care to admit, I have realized right before dinner that I have 1. forgotten to pick up bread from the store or 2. forgotten to make bread for dinner. I hate when that happens. One of my favorite things in a pinch is muffins. If you’re anything like me, you’ll turn to this Italian Muffins recipe more times than you care to count …..
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or grease the cups. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cheese, sugar, Italian seasoning, baking powder and salt with a whisk.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil with a whisk until thoroughly combined. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Divide the batter evenly between prepared muffin pan cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center tests clean. Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine the butter and garlic powder in a small bowl. Serve with the warm muffins