Hi, Deb here again from Cooking on the Front Burner with another soup recipe for you called Tomato Tortellini. It’s still winter around these parts and I’ve been craving some warm comfort food. Yep, I know it is March but someone hasn’t told Mother Nature to lighten up! We’ve been bombarded with snow and cold these last few week and I swear kids will be going to school this summer. So when the weather is like it is, I’ve been experimenting with some new soups. I think you are really going to like this one – not only is it very tasty but will go from prep to table in 30 minutes – perfect to pull together for a weeknight meal!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon diced shallot
- 48 oz. vegetable broth
- 24 oz. marina sauce
- 1 cup water
- 4 oz. baby spinach
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 16 oz. cheese refrigerated tortellini
- In a soup pot heat the olive over medium high heat and saute the mushrooms until they start turning brown then add shallots and saute 1 minute.
- Add water, broth, marina sauce, basil and orgeno and bring to boil; lower temp, cover and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add tortellini and cook according to package (abut 7-9 minutes)
- For last 2 minutes of cooking time, add the fresh spinach
- Top with grated cheese if desired
Feel free to play around with the soup. For this night I decided to keep it vegetarian but you could add chopped chicken and substitute the vegetable broth with chicken broth. Normally my guy likes meat with dinner but he thought this dish was quite tasty! Keep warm folks or if you are warm already, send it my way!
You may also like:
And don’t forget dessert!