Slipping away to a sandy beach sounds like a little piece of heaven. If you’re going to spoil yourself with a relaxing trip to paradise, you need to make sure you are prepared to thoroughly enjoy yourself. When you get beach vacation ready before leaving on a trip, you will have more time to enjoy basking in the glorious sun… after slathering on a thick layer of sunscreen of course.
- Hair- whether it’s just a haircut or a whole new style, going to the salon and enjoying a little pampering will put you in the right mindset for a relaxing vacation. Not to mention how great you’ll look on your trip!
- Nails- I’m the first to admit that my nails are not always in tip-top shape, but let me tell you- a mani-pedi does WONDERS. Since sandals are pretty much an essential for any trip to the beach, you’ll want to show off those gorgeous toes.
- Body hair (ugh!)… as in, time to consider permanent hair removal. If you want your legs or bikini area to be hair free and swimsuit ready, plan ahead. Laser hair removal is the best way to get rid of unwanted hair and keep it from coming back. Because hair grows in stages, laser hair removal usually consist of 6 or more treatments and is spaced out about every 4-6 weeks. This ensures that all stages of active hair growth are treated. As early as the first treatment, you might start to notice areas where the hair is getting patchy. In my personal experience, with permanent hair removal in Madison, I have found myself having to shave less after just two laser hair removal treatments. I’ll be sharing my progress through 6 treatments with my readers, so be sure to check back. I am SO looking forward to not having to shave or wax!
- Work out- you knew it had to be said. Just like laser hair removal, you need to get a jump start on this one if you’re planning to be bikini ready. Start out slowly and get into a good routine. Finding a work-out buddy is an ideal way to stay motivated and push through the pain.
- Get organized- don’t be foolish and wait until the last minute. If you’re a procrastinator, you know what I’m talking about. It’s time to get in list-making mode and figure out what to pack, things to get done before leaving (like arranging for pet care and mail delivery), and turning the thermostat up or down.
- Vehicle maintenance- Road tripping it to the beach? Get your car road trip ready! Don’t forget that oil change.
- Pet care- in addition to making sure you have a pet sitter or boarding lined up for your furry friend, now’s the perfect time to make sure that your pet’s vaccinations are all up to date. This will be required if you’re boarding your pet.
- Shop for essentials- Being prepared means thinking ahead. You’ll spend less money on things like reading material and sunscreen if you pick them up at your local discount store instead of the boardwalk souvenir shop.
- Plan alternate itineraries- What are things you can do in the area you are vacationing if the weather doesn’t cooperate with your trip? Packing a couple of games to keep you busy in the hotel room is one way to stave off boredom, but you could do that at home. What is unique to the area that you are visiting? Whether its a museum, huge outlet mall, or indoor theme park, the key is to be entertained and have fun.
- Traveling with kids? Don’t forget to bring buckets and shovels for sand castles!
- and one more, just for fun… be sure to bring your camera so you can bring back the best souvenir you’ll ever have: memories to look back on for a lifetime.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Instant Pot Chicken Curry Recipe – Quick Dinner Ideas - 2018/01/16
- Maple and Balsamic Pork Chops - 2018/01/16
- Balsamic and Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts - 2018/01/15