I love cooking and making meals, but I sometimes struggle with finding tasty side dishes to go with the main courses, especially when it comes to barbecues and cookouts. You can quickly get tired of the same old side dishes of beans, potato salad and coleslaw. Well let me introduce you to 7 Bean BBQ Instant Pot Baked Beans! One bite of these delicious beans and you’ll see why they will soon become your new go-to side dish that will please the whole crowd!
These beans are anything but your typical baked beans! Slightly sweet and with the perfect amount of tang, your taste buds with be delighted, thanks to ingredients like:
- smoked pork chops
- brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Jamaican Jerk BBQ seasoning
And, because they’re cooked in the Instant Pot, they are ready in just 90 minutes! No more having to simmer and cook all day long on the stove or in a slow cooker.
3 Reasons Why You’ll Love 7 Bean BBQ Instant Pot Baked Beans
Reason #1: Packed with fiber (6 grams) and protein (16.2 grams), these beans are good for you AND delicious!
Reason #2: Since these beans are cooked with pork chops, you get delicious, smoky and savory meat in every bite.
Reason #3: These beans are hearty and filling, so when the weather is cooler, you can eat them as a one-pot meal!
Do You Need to Soak the Beans Overnight Before Cooking?
The main benefit of the Instant Pot is that it does all the work! There is no need to soak the beans overnight, since the Instant Pot will ensure that they are soft and cooked just right.
What to Serve With 7 Bean BBQ Instant Pot Baked Beans
Start off with these Copycat Famous Dave’s Ribs or these Easy Pork Sliders for a great main dish. Pair them with your favorite side dish, or make a batch of Easy Red Potato Salad, which boasts fresh herbs and creamy dressing made with tangy greek yogurt.
Really want to diverge from the typical barbecue sides? Then try this refreshing Mediterranean inspired Watermelon Summer Salad, bringing together the tasty flavors of watermelon, red onion, feta cheese, black olives and mint. This salad is healthy and oh-so-delicious!
How To Make 7 Bean BBQ Instant Pot Baked Beans Step by Step
Step #1: Add all ingredients to the pot.
Step #2: Close the lid on the pressure cooker and turn the valve to sealing.
Step #3: Set a manual high-pressure time for 90 minutes.
Step #4: Do a natural release to let out the pressure, then serve and enjoy!
More Great Instant Pot Recipes
If you love 7 Bean BBQ Instant Pot Baked Beans, you’ll want to check out these other great Instant Pot recipes:Print
7 Bean BBQ Instant Pot Baked Beans
7 Bean BBQ Instant Pot Baked Beans Recipe is sure to please any crowd!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Yield: 12-16 side dish servings
- 3 cups dry beans, sorted and rinsed
- 15 ounces smoked bone-in pork chops
- 2 medium onions, chopped in large chunks
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons Jamaican Jerk BBQ seasoning
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Add all ingredients to the pot.
- Close the lid on the pressure cooker and turn the valve to sealing.
- Set a manual high-pressure time for 90 minutes.
- Do a natural release to let out the pressure.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Paleo Pumpkin Spice Pancakes - 2018/11/19
- Pumpkin Meringue Pie — The Perfect Holiday Pie - 2018/11/17
- Apple Butternut Squash Casserole with Bacon Pecan Topping - 2018/11/14