Finding my niche in the blogging world took quite a bit of time, but it finally happened about a month ago. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to focus on, but I knew that I really wanted to develop my blog into something that could eventually provide an extra income. I say eventually because it’s not quite there.
So… you might be wondering, what does my day look like? Well… my beautiful children are in school, so I don’t have any little ones underfoot. That makes concentrating on blogging during the day a whole lot easier.
Right now there are a lot of lists in my mind, a few spreadsheets, and a ton of loose papers with jotted down recipes.
Here’s how our day unfolds:
- Get the kids up and make them breakfast, frequently a new recipe I’ve dreamed up to blog about like Peanut Butter and Chocolate Stuffed French Toast, or Chocolate Chocolate Waffles.
- Drive the kids to school and maybe run to the grocery store if there is something I can’t live without.
- Come home and clean a little, testing out new ideas like the vinegar and dish soap shower scrub idea, which has made cleaning showers a breeze and is such a time saver:
- Work in my home office, which is currently in the midst of being repainted and revamped… hoping to post an update on this soon!
- Edit pictures, draft blog posts, finalize blog posts and publish
- Promote blog posts via social media and connect with other bloggers via social media: Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest
- Pin, Pin, Pin… I try to spread the love around and pin from my friends’ blogs. sdfad
- Around 11, I break to bake or mix up ingredients to try out in my mini crockpots. I like to see what works and what doesn’t. You’ll see my successes on At Home Take 2, like the Spicy Quesadillas I had for lunch a few days ago or the scrumptious Crockpot White Beans and Ham.
- A couple times a week, I whip up a sweet treat for the kids for after-school snacks. One of their favorites is Mocha Puppy Chow:
- Research, research, research. I’m constantly looking for ways to improve the way I blog and how I network. I’ve learned some great things recently about photographing food, and about how to promote myself on Pinterest.
- At 2pm I shut it down and get ready to go pick up the kids from school. The afternoon and evening are normally a mix of practices, cooking/photographing, and cleaning.
It’s not exciting, but it’s deliciously fun!
Follow us on Pinterest and Facebook