These Almond Poppy Seed Waffles with Very Berry Syrup taste melt-in-your-mouth fabulous and are super fast to make, thanks to the waffle mix I made earlier in the week. Fast and easy breakfasts are the best when you’re in a crunch getting kids out the door to school in the morning. At the same time, there is nothing quite like a hot breakfast!
Almond Poppy Seed Waffles
Come and get ’em!
I whipped these waffles up this weekend and paired them with Oven-Fried Bacon. Would you believe that even after I was done cooking breakfast I still had it in me to create a fantastic Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting?
Yeah… I took a break in there and made an easy dinner. Well, actually I made the cake while telling my husband how to make the Easy Enchilada Casserole that our kids devoured earlier in the week while he was away on business.
- 2 cups and 2 teaspoons Make Ahead Waffle Mix
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Whisk together wet ingredients and then stir dry waffle mix into the wet ingredients. When they are mixed together smoothly, add poppy seeds.
- Heat waffle iron and cook per waffle iron instructions.