This recipe is shared from Becca at Amuse Your Bouche. She specializes in vegetarian cooking.
Today I’ve got an incredible recipe for you – avocado soup. With feta.
- 10g butter
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 baby gem lettuces, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, roughly chopped
- 350ml vegetable stock
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 3tbsp frozen peas
- 1tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- 1tsp basil pesto
- Black pepper
- 40g feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan, and add the spring onions and baby gem. Cook for a few minutes until the onions are fragrant and the lettuce is just beginning to caramelize on the edges. Add the next 6 ingredients (avocado to pesto), and bring to a gentle simmer. Use your wooden spoon to mash the avocado a little.
- After about five minutes, remove from the heat and use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. Be thorough - you don't want any lumps remaining. Season to taste, and return to the heat if necessary.
- Serve topped with the feta cheese and, if desired, more black pepper and parsley.
The following two tabs change content below.