Hello All She Cooks readers. It’s Aniko from Place of my Taste and I am back again to share a yummy recipe with you.
Are you ready to indulge yourself with some awesome chocolate cake?
I personally LOVE chocolate cake in any form. On a Sunday afternoon I did not know what I needed.. I knew I needed something sweet, but I wasn’t sure what I was craving for. That’s when I set down, search the net and found this fantastic chocolate cake recipe that I am sharing with you today.
…Chocolate and cherries…
The original recipe did not call for cherries, but I thought it could just be a great addition to this cake. Chocolate cake with cherries…yum! A few years ago I discovered the best morello cherries at Trader Joe’s. I have been using these cherries for baking ever since. If you are going to throw a valentine party this is a must have cake. If you don’t have party plans for Valentine’s day, bake this amazing cake for any other occasion.Print
BLACK MAGIC CAKE
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup morello cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F .Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pan.
- In large bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add cherries.Batter will be thin. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Chocolate Sauce:
- Semisweet chocolate chips – 1 bag
- Heavy whipping cream- 1 1/2 cup
- Heat whipping cream to boil.
- Pour over chocolate chips and stir until the chocolate chips will becompletely melted.
- Serve chocolate cake with chocolate sauce.
Recipe slightly adapted from: All Recipes
I served my cake with cherries and chocolate sauce on the top and it was just excellent.
I hope you will love this recipe as much as I do!
If you need other sweet ideas for Valentine’s Day, come check out these festive
or some other great craft ideas at Place of My Taste.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Herbed Cheese and Mushroom Bruschetta - 2017/06/23
- Best Mustard Pork Loin and Tasty Thyme-Roasted Carrots - 2017/06/23
- Colorful Rosemary Roasted Potatoes Recipe - 2017/06/21