I was a waitress for a year during my college days, and that’s when I first discovered that asparagus and white wine actually made good pasta ingredients. I would have never thought of that on my own, but they really add a lot to this dish!
I try to pay close attention to the pasta ingredients when I go out to eat – that way I have some new experiments to try at home! This dish is not a copycat meal, but it was inspired by a dish from Bonefish Grill.
For the pasta pot:
1 lb linguine
1/2 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz can)
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
32 oz. chicken broth
1 cup half & half
1/2 cup white wine
1 bundle asparagus, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 tablespoon garlic
8 oz. shredded parmesan
For the chicken pan:
2 chicken breasts (I cut mine in half to make them thinner, because we like them better that way.)
1 tbs olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
In a large saucepan, heat your olive oil over medium high heat, add onion and cook for a few minutes. Next you’ll add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds (just until you really start to smell it).
Add diced tomatoes, white wine, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and your noodles. Make sure your noodles are well cover by liquid so they all cook. Cook just until you reach a boil, then switch to low heat, add half your shredded cheese and all your asparagus, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
While that’s cooking, in a separate pan fry your chicken breasts.
After the 15 minutes is up, uncover and stir in the half & half. Continue cooking until the pasta is tender.
Serve with remaining parmesan and chicken breasts on top!
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and diced onions over medium high heat, cook a few minutes.
- Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add diced tomatoes, white wine, chicken broth, linguine, salt & pepper.
- Reach a boil, then add asparagus, half parmesan.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate pan, fry chicken breasts with olive oil, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- After 15 minutes is up, uncover and stir in half & half.
- Continue cooking until pasta is tender.
- Serve pasta topped with remaining parmesan cheese and cooked chicken breasts.
You May Also Like:
And don’t forget dessert:
More from All She Cooks
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Seasoned Mixed Nuts - 2017/02/21
- Where to Buy an Instant Pot and How to Use Instant Pots - 2017/02/20
- Cheeseball with Pecan and Cranberries - 2017/02/20