You've got to try this amazing chocolate fondue.
Any chocolate lovers out there?
Oh, come on! You know you are. In our house, I can say for confidence that each and every one of us love chocolate. My daughter and I lean toward dark chocolate. You know...for all of its wonderful health benefits.
Chocolate Fondue recipe and more...
Whether we're dipping our fruit in chocolate or making a homemade chocolate pudding filling for a cake, we can't get enough of this dark and devious goodness. Just ask the homemade chocolate pudding that we made and devoured last night. Yum.
Looking for more great chocolate recipes? Check out these cookbooks:
- Chocolate Bliss: 150 Easy Chocolate Recipes
- Chocolate-Covered Katie: Over 80 Delicious Recipes That Are Secretly Good for You
- The Ghirardelli Chocolate Cookbook: Recipes and History from America's Premier Chocolate Maker
- There's Always Room for Chocolate: Recipes from Brooklyn's The Chocolate Room
- The Paleo Chocolate Lovers Cookbook: 75 Gluten Free Treats for Breakfast & Dessert
Ready to get started?
With just a few ingredients, you'll have a chocolate fondue that is out of this world delicious. Assuming you have a fondue set, make sure to get that out first. Otherwise--improvise. It's the trick to every successful home cook. Use what you have on hand until you have what you need to make any delicious dish you desire!
How to Make It:
This is the perfect dipper for fresh strawberries, raspberries or even shortbread cookies. If the chocolate becomes too thick for dipping whisk in 1 teaspoon of half and half at a time until you achieve the desired consistency.
Chocolate Fondue Recipe
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon light rum divided
- 8 ounces semi sweet chocolate chopped
- Place the half and half into a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the butter and 1 tablespoon of rum and bring the mixture to a slow simmer.
- Once simmering, remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the chocolate and whisk until the chocolate has completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour in the remaining rum and whisk until combined.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot or a custard cup place on a heated serving plate.
Can this be made without the rum?
Definitely. You might want to substitute a teaspoon of rum rum extract for flavor and another tablespoon liquid just to keep the consistency about the same. That's the wonderful thing about recipes is you can always change them up to suit your own tastes and needs. You just have to experiment a little. 😉