Double chocolate cookie recipes- double yum! But add in a kick of double peanut butter? Hello!
So, I’ve mentioned that my son is a peanut butter lover. He helped me make these deliciously peanut butter and chocolate cookies. We made them about a week ago and they were devoured super quick. Devoured. No lie. Chocolate chip chewy cookies… really can’t go wrong there.
I didn’t even get a chance to take any pictures. And what’s a recipe blog post without an image of the goodies? I mean, come on! You all want to see the food before you cook it, don’t you?
I love cookbooks, but that one thing that irritates me is not having a picture to go along with each recipe. I’m a visual person, so even though I can get the idea of what a recipe will be like from the description… an image can make the difference in whether or not I decide to make a recipe.
Needless to say, without any pictures I was forced to make these chocolatey cookies a second time. I know… forced, right? I bet you can tell that my arm really had to be twisted to make that happen.
Anyway. The result was once amazing! I mean… chocolate, peanut butter, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips. You get the idea.
So, we this time we got to shoot some pictures. Just for you.
I attempted to take a bite and savor the flavor, but quickly found myself taking another bite and another. Yeah… savoring the flavor didn’t work so great for me.Print
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 Cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups flour
- 2/3 Cup cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup Reese’s peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Soften butter and peanut butter together in microwave in a microwave safe bowl. Cream together with sugar and then mix in eggs until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together next 5 ingredients. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips until evenly dispersed.
- Use a 1-inch cookie dough scoop or shape into balls about 1-1 1/2 inches depending on the size of cookie desired. Drop cookie dough balls onto cookie sheets and use a fork to press the cookies down (just like peanut butter cookies). Cookies will spread a little.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Take cookie sheet out of the oven and let cookies sit for 3-5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
Delicious, right? What’s your favorite cookie?
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- TWIX® Brownie Trifle- A Decadent Chocolate Dessert - 2017/05/24
- Caprese Sandwich Recipe - 2017/05/23
- Black Bean Chili Dip - 2017/05/22