Hello, friends! I’m sharing my kiddos current favorite muffins with y’all today – Cinnamon Applesauce Crunch Muffins! They love the slightly sweet and cinnamony treat with a piece of fruit in the mornings! If your schedule is like ours, it’s in the “go mode” from the time you get up! These muffins are easy enough to make ahead – they stay fresh at room temperature for up to 2 days and can be frozen for up to 2 months! Just allow them to cool completely and seal them in an airtight container for an easy breakfast the entire family will love!
An easy grab-and-go breakfast idea!
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line muffin tins with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a second medium bowl, whisk the egg and brown sugar until well combined. Whisk in the applesauce, melted butter and milk until well blended. Stir in the flour mixture just until moistedned. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Fill prepared tins three-quarters full.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly between the muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned with rounded tops. A toothpick inserted near the center should test clean.
- Set the pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the muffins from the pan and allow to cool an additional 5-7 minutes.
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
More from All She Cooks
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Pomegranate Punch - 2017/02/22
- Seasoned Mixed Nuts - 2017/02/21
- Where to Buy an Instant Pot and How to Use Instant Pots - 2017/02/20