Coconut Macaroons. Who knew?
I made these to share with YOU, the fabulous followers of All She Cooks. Once pictured, I promptly delivered them to my work family. Who knew that a simple 5-ingredient recipe could bring such delight to an entire office? Now envision these nestled on your holiday cookie trays….the joy will be overflowing.
Greetings! I’m Libby with Lemony Thyme. This is my first post as a new contributor to All She Cooks. When Jessica extended the invitation I was a bit giddy at the thought of sharing on her fabulous blog. Recipe ideas have been swirling around in my mind. I have a passion for fresh herbs and love to incorporate them into my dishes….you’ll see that with my future posts. But today I’m sharing my other passion. Sweets.
If you love those classic ‘coconut’ candy bars (you know the ones “sometimes you feel like a nut, sometime you don’t”) then you’ll really enjoy these Coconut Macaroons. I have already decided these will be part of my holiday baking. There is something so special about giving (and receiving) homemade treats. This is a wonderful recipe for a cookie swap or to pack-up and ship to that someone special. What’s the one recipe you make every year for the holidays? I’d love to for you to share.
All my best,
- Yield: 18
- Category: Dessert
- 1 14-ounce pkg. sweetened coconut flakes
- 6 Tbl. flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 8-ounce pkg. semi-sweet baking chocolate, optional for dipping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Mix coconut, sugar and flour in a large bowl, then stir in egg whites and almond extract.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop mixture into 36 balls. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from baking sheets and cool completely on wire racks.
- If dipping in chocolate, melt baking square in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip cooled macaroons in chocolate, then place on parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 20 minutes.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Best Coleslaw Recipe for Good Summer Meals - 2017/07/25
- Parmesan Green Beans Recipe – Thanksgiving Side Dishes - 2017/07/21
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad Recipe – With Several Pasta Types - 2017/07/20