Classic Fried Chicken Sandwich with Pickles (Copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich)
The joys of cooking at home are many.
One of the things we like best about making copycat recipes at home is that we can make them to our own liking. As in, we can load up all the toppings on a chicken sandwich that we want to. We’re talking about lettuce and tomato in addition to pickles–yum!
Click Here to get more top-rated restaurant copy cat recipes.
Just another reason why we’re making up copycat recipes left and right. If you haven’t already, you’ll want to try our Copycat Cracker Barrel Meatloaf, Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa, and Copycat Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread. They are delicious and will take your meal plan to new heights.
You don’t need to visit a drive-thru to enjoy one of America’s favorite guilty pleasures. The trick to this famous sandwich is the batter that the chicken is fried in. Of course, you can’t forget the pickle. Now you just have to grab some waffle fries from your grocer’s freezer and you are set. Or, better yet, you can make waffle fries at home with a waffle fry cutter and deep fryer. Seriously!Get more amazing copycat recipes here or buy restaurant gift cards online and go out to enjoy your favorite restaurant meals.
They also make perfect gift ideas!
Click Here to get more top-rated restaurant copy cat recipes.Print
Copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich
Yield: 4 sandwiches
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon malted milk
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 4 hamburger buns
- Jarred sliced pickles
- Optional: lettuce, tomato and other toppings
Copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich, Prep time: 15 mins, Cook time: 4 mins, Total time: 19 mins, Serves: 4
- Split chicken breast into half horizontally to make 4 thin pieces. Tenderize with meat mallet between two sheets of plastic wrap. Season chicken with 1/2 tsp pepper and 1/2 tsp paprika.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg and milk together.
- In another bowl, combine all-purpose and whole wheat flour, malted milk powder, icing sugar, baking soda, mustard powder, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, then dredge in flour mixture, coating both sides evenly.
- Carefully place each piece of chicken in the oil, one at a time. Fry the chicken in the hot oil until golden, about 4 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Spread butter on hamburger buns and toast lightly.
- Place pickles on a bun bottom, add chicken and cover with bun top.
- Adapted from the Food Network.