Fried Zucchini Sticks Recipe – Copycat White Spot Zoo Recipe
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 large zucchini, chopped into 1/4 inch sticks
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup regular bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- Heat oil in deep fryer or pot on stove to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix flour, salt and pepper and place in shallow dish. Beat eggs and milk in another shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in a third shallow dish.
- Coat the zucchini sticks in each shallow dish starting with the flour mixture, then the eggs and finally the bread crumbs.
- Mix the sour cream and ranch in a small dish and set aside. This will be the dip for your zucchini sticks.
- Place in hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Remove sticks and place on paper towel for a couple minutes to drain oil. Serve with dip and enjoy.
- Adapted from: Deep-Fried Food