- Prep Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Category: Bread
- 1 packet dry, active yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoon garlic seasoning, or regular garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- In a warm bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast with warm water. Let sit for about 5-10 minutes, until foamy
- Add salt, melted butter and about 2 cups of the flour. Knead dough for about 5 minutes, adding more flour as necessary.
- Spray baking pan with cooking spray. Divide dough into small balls, large enough to fill about 1/3 cup. Make larger if desired but not too large as your bread will rise.
- Roll and shape dough into cigar shapes. Place in baking pan at least 1 inch apart. Let stand for about 1 hour, covered a clean cloth.
- Bake 7 minutes at 375F. While baking, combine melted butter, garlic powder/seasoning and salt for brushing.
- Pull baking sheet out of oven, brush the bread sticks with the seasoned, melted butter. Return to oven, bake another 8 – 10 minutes.
- Brush with remaining seasoned butter. Serve warm.
- Adapted from Chef in Training.