Recipe and photos provided by the COCOA EXCHANGE.
Green beans are a great choice for a side dish any time of the year, but we especially like this side dish option for Thanksgiving and other holiday meals.
Curry Green Beans are full of flavor and a healthy green bean side dish.
We all know about Green Bean Casserole, the super popular Thanksgiving side dish. And honestly, I have to say it has long been a favorite of mine. But the thing about that specific recipe is that it is unhealthy and while a spoonful at Thanksgiving is a tasty indulgence...it's not something that I'm likely to make very often.
When it comes to holiday traditions, I'm a firm believer in consistently creating new memories.
Sure, we have our favorite pumpkin cheesecake recipe that will grace the dessert table each year, but besides that, I like to add in a couple new recipes to substitute for others we tried out the year before.
Last year, we started what I hope will become a new tradition--celebrating Friendsgiving the day before or after Thanksgiving.
Since we're a family of four and live hundreds of miles away from extended family, it's nice to be able to celebrate the holiday with friends. We started the tradition with our kids inviting over a bunch of their friends, and I'm sure it is a tradition that will likely carry over to their college years.
Looking for more holiday recipes to round out your meal plan? We've got a couple you will certainly want to try:
How to Deep Fry a Turkey
Sweet Potato Healthy Holiday Hash
Green Beans with Curry
- 1 pound green beans stems removed
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoon Pod & Bean™ Curry Seasoning Blend
- 2 shallots sliced thin
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Place green beans, broth and 1 Tbsp. Pod & Bean™ Curry Seasoning Blend in large sauté pan on medium high heat. Bring to boiling, reduce heat and cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Drain beans, reserving ¼ cup of broth.
- Return pan to heat and add butter and shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes or until shallots are translucent. Add green beans and 1 Tbsp. Pod & Bean™ Curry Seasoning Blend. Toss together and sauté for 3-4 minutes. If beans become too dry, add small amounts of the reserved broth.
Leave a Comment