I go back and forth with making my own seasoning mixes and buying convenient store-bought packages. I’d like to say that I always cook from scratch, but honestly–who would I be kidding? Not to mention, I’d be lying to myself.
Regardless, making DIY Taco Seasoning is really easy to do. The kicker–no preservatives. When you make DIY Taco Seasoning, you’ll know that all the seasoning contains are the spices you put into the mix yourself.
Now, I’m not anti-preservative, but I am pro-healthy eating. Meaning, I’m not going to hate on eating healthier from time to time–and as long as its fast and easy, I’m going to be all over it.
Not much is faster than mixing up DIY Taco Seasoning. I like to make a big batch of seasoning, because I use it a lot.
As in- my favorite 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Tacos.
Which can also be used in Smothered Beef and Bean Burritos- a freezer meal you’ve just got to try to believe.
And this tasty Nacho Supreme with Homemade Nacho Cheese.
Not to mention Slow Cooker Taco Soup, Spicy Quesadillas, and all sorts of other recipes.Print
DIY Taco Seasoning
- 8 tablespoons chili powder
- 12 teaspoons ground cumin
- 8 teaspoons sea salt
- 8 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix together all spices and store in an airtight container.
- When ready to use, add about 2 tablespoons of seasoning per pound of meat. Add 1/3 cup of water and simmer until reduced.
You May Also Like:
And don’t forget dessert:
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Bedroom Decor for Fall and Winter at Shopko - 2017/10/05
- A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder in Madison, WI - 2017/10/03
- How to Make a Latte and No Bake Caramel Latte Frozen Icebox Cake - 2017/09/21