If you follow me over on The Helpmates, then you know that I’ve been on a bit of a cookie kick lately. I had a reader tell me “there are much worse kicks to be on”. I think she put that very well! So, no complaints here about this cookie kick, and no complaints from the Hubby either. He is eating it up! Literally.
Today I bring a new cookie recipe here to All She Cooks, my favorite cookie recipe to be more precise! I’m using my base recipe for dough and adding my favorite mix ins – chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and toffee bits. I like this mix in combination so much I made them into cupcakes once too!
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 sticks butter, melted (salted sweet cream butter)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour (or until dough is no longer sticky)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
6 oz chocolate chips
6 oz white chocolate chips
12 oz toffee bits
Let’s get started:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Stir in your sugars and vanilla into your melted butter. Mix well, then add your two eggs and mix them in too.
In the same bowl, add flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix until dough forms. You don’t want this dough to stick to your fingers when you roll it into a ball. That’s why I usually start with 3 1/2 cups of flour then sprinkle in more until it’s just right!
Add in your chips and toffee bits, and mix well with the dough.
Roll Cookie dough into ping-pong sized balls.
Place about an inch apart on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes then remove. They won’t appear to be done, but they are. I don’t cook these as long in order to get nice soft cookies – my favorite!
Let them sit a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to allow them to completely cool.
One recipe makes 4 dozen cookies, so I usually end up halving my recipe.
Store your leftovers in an airtight container for tomorrow. I hope you enjoy!Print
Double Chocolate Toffee Cookies
- Category: Dessert
- 2 sticks salted sweet cream butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups flour (or until dough is no longer sticky)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- 6 oz white chocolate chips
- 12 oz toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine butter, sugars, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, mix well.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda. Mix well.
- Add chips and toffee bits, mix well.
- Form dough into balls and place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove.
- Transfer to cooling rack and enjoy!
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Best Coleslaw Recipe for Good Summer Meals - 2017/07/25
- Parmesan Green Beans Recipe – Thanksgiving Side Dishes - 2017/07/21
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad Recipe – With Several Pasta Types - 2017/07/20