Have you ever been to a Mexican restaurant and dived into a Fried Ice Cream for dessert? My kids love it so much that we’ve been making variations like Fried Ice Cream Tacos at home. If you’re looking for a fun fold-up type of treat that is perfect for eating outside, try it out. If you’re looking for a less-messy option, go for the bowl of Fried Ice Cream.
What you’ll need: ice cream, chocolate sauce, honey, and cinnamon-sugar tortilla chips. The tortilla chips are lightly fried in olive oil, and then sprinkled with a cinnamon-sugar mix. All of it together is pure delight!
Start with a bowl of vanilla ice cream. I could tell you to keep it at 3/4 to 1 cup of ice cream, but I know you’ll more than likely do what most of us do and scoop up a nice portion that hasn’t even been measured. I mean, how many people measure the ice cream they put into a bowl. But hey… here’s an idea: start with a small bowl. That will help with portion control!
Add your cinnamon-sugar laced lightly fried tortillas. I like to cut my tortillas in triangles so I can make my Fried Ice Cream have spikes.
Add some chocolate. I’d go for a hot fudge or chocolate syrup, but in the photo below I just melted chocolate chips because I didn’t have chocolate syrup anywhere in sight.
And then drizzle honey all over it. Yum.de.li.cious! Kinda like in my Fried Ice Cream Taco, pictured below.Print
Fried Ice Cream
- Category: Dessert
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate syrup or hot fudge
- Fried tortillas with cinnamon and sugar
- Cut flour tortillas into triangles in olive oil until lightly browned. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Fill bowl with ice cream, add fried tortillas, chocolate syrup and honey.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Chopped Chicken Chipotle Salad – a Healthy Dinner Recipe - 2017/08/15
- Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe - 2017/08/12
- Weight Watchers Hamburger Stroganoff - 2017/08/12