Today, I decided to make a recipe that I grew up with. I remember making it often with my mother, especially when I was in high school. In fact, the page of my mother’s cookbook that has this recipe on it is dirty from years of getting splattered as I mixed up the cake batter.
I haven’t had this cake since going gluten free, but the recipe was really easy to convert. It’s a simple cake recipe that doesn’t take very much time or effort.
Here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 gluten free yellow cake mix & the ingredients listed on the box
– 2 boxes of instant pudding
– 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
– 3/4 cup water
All you do is mix together the box cake mix with all the ingredients that the package lists, then add the pudding, water, and chocolate chips.
I used Hodgson Mill’s gluten free yellow cake mix, so here are the ingredients that I used:
1 box of Hodgson Mill gluten free cake mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
(And the ingredients listed above: pudding, chocolate chips, and water.)
Just mix up all the ingredients, pour it into a bundt pan and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
It’s as simple as that. I recommend letting the cake cool in the pan before dumping it out, and serve it with a nice cold glass of milk!Print
Gluten Free Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Category: Dessert
- 1 gluten free yellow cake mix & the ingredients listed on the box
- 2 boxes of instant pudding
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup water
- Mix together the box cake mix with all the ingredients that the package lists.
- Add the pudding, water, and chocolate chips, and mix.
- Pour batter into bunt pan.
- Bake at 350 for one hour.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Weight Watchers Banana Bread Recipe - 2017/11/19
- Stuffed Mushrooms Easy Recipe with Sauteed Mushrooms - 2017/11/18
- Tilapia Fajitas with Peppers and Onions – Just 6 SmartPoints Per Serving - 2017/11/17