A few months back, I posted my gluten free chicken fried rice recipe, and this sweet and sour chicken recipe is a great way to spice up your fried rice. We eat fried rice for dinner all the time, so sometimes instead of making chicken or pork fried rice, I like to make this recipe to have with our rice.
It’s easy to make (though it does take a little time), and it’s so delicious. My husband doesn’t always like having to eat gluten free, but he doesn’t even notice with this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cube the chicken and set it aside in a large bowl.
- Mix the eggs and soy sauce together in a small bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture over the chicken and stir until covered.
- Mix together the cornstarch, salt, and pepper and pour over the chicken. Stir until the chicken is well coated with cornstarch.
- Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a large skillet. Brown the chicken, but don't cook it through. Whisk together the sweet and sour sauce.
- Once the chicken is browned, place it in a greased baking dish. Pour the sauce over the chicken evenly.
- Bake for one hour, stirring the chicken every 15 minutes.
- Serve with fried rice & enjoy!
You May Also Like:
And don’t forget dessert:
More from All She Cooks
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Seasoned Mixed Nuts - 2017/02/21
- Where to Buy an Instant Pot and How to Use Instant Pots - 2017/02/20
- Cheeseball with Pecan and Cranberries - 2017/02/20