Best sandwich ever with some gouda cheese!
Looking for a good grilled cheese recipe? Maybe some sandwich ideas for parties?
Sometimes a sandwich needs a makeover. Period. The same ole gets really boring after a while, and taste buds need a switch. So, this week I’ve been experimenting with flavors and mixing it up in the kitchen with a good old standard: the basic grilled cheese sandwich.
Growing up, I remember always having a package of Kraft singles in the refrigerator. It was a good standby and an easy lunch to fix for a pre-teen or teenager. Fast and easy… coat the bread with butter, put a slice or two of processed cheese between the slices, stick it in the sandwich maker, and Lunch!
Now, my tastes have become more refined. I guess you could call me a cheese snob. I won’t buy the processed cheese slices… can’t stand the taste. I buy sliced Cheddar, Gouda, Mozzarella, Colby and now and then some other fancified sliced cheese that I happen upon. Yes… I know fancified isn’t a real word… but I like the sound of it.
So… this week, Grilled Cheese Snobbery was born. Okay… I’m sure I’m not the first to really be a grilled cheese snob, but if you haven’t tried being a grilled cheese connoisseur, you’re really missing out.
For my out of this world Gouda-licious Turkey Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich, you will only need a few ingredients. Put them all together and they equal amazing. A.Maz.Ing. Totally. I’m loving this Gouda Turkey Bacon Grilled Cheese. Tasty, healthy and oh so good.Print
Gouda-licious Turkey Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- cottage bread- 2 slices
- Gouda cheese- 2 slices
- turkey bacon- 2 slices
- butter or margarine
- Cook up that turkey bacon in the microwave on a paper towel according to package instructions. About a minute should do it.
- Then, butter one side of each slice of bread and then layer: one slice Gouda cheese, bacon, another slice of Gouda, tomatoes and avocado slices.
- Top with the other side of bread butter side up and grill sandwich over medium high heat until toasted.
- Finally, flip the sandwich and toast on the other side. Serve up your Gouda-licious with tomato slices or deli pickles. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal - 2017/12/11
- Where to Go in Costa Rica – Our Trip to Costa Rica - 2017/12/06
- Festive Cranberry Margarita – Perfect Signature Holiday Cocktail - 2017/12/05