One of my favorite memories of snow days from when I was growing up in the south is coming in from playing outside to a hot lunch of grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Now, my kids enjoy a hot toasted sandwich and are always excited to see what gooey concoction I’ve come up with.
But, back to the gooey goodness… 😉
We’re calling it the Hot n Gooey Cinnamon Toast Sandwich, but it’s got a little extra going on. The inside is oozing with goodness: peanut butter, homemade peanut butter hot fudge sauce, and marshmallows. The outside: buttered and lightly sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
Want to make this sandwich for dessert?
So do we!
Switch the bread out for pound cake and you’ve got a delicious dessert ready to go.
Okay, the first thing you need to know is this: this is a messy sandwich. It’s messy to make and messy to eat. If you don’t like messes, this might not be the sandwich for you. Me… I like a messy sandwich. I think they are fun and I have to say, so do the kids.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread (2 slices per sandwich x the number of sandwiches you want).
- Spread on some peanut butter and chocolate or fudge sauce.
- Sprinkle on some mini-marshmallows.
- Top with the second slice of bread, butter side up.
- Sprinkle tops with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Put those babies sugar-cinnamon side down in a skillet and sprinkle the top with remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture. You don’t have to use all of it, but make it taste good.
More from All She Cooks
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Seasoned Mixed Nuts - 2017/02/21
- Where to Buy an Instant Pot and How to Use Instant Pots - 2017/02/20
- Cheeseball with Pecan and Cranberries - 2017/02/20