I love to make Manicotti in individual baking dishes. It’s always special when everyone has their own little “pan” of cheesy goodness. This is an easy recipe that can have an awesome meal on the table in just over an hour! Add a lovely salad and some crusty bread and you will be the star of the show!
It’s also just perfect for a very romantic dinner!Print
Individual dishes of cheesy manicotti covered in red sauce
- Yield: 4-6
- 1 pint of ricotta cheese
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar (23 oz) of spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (8oz) of manicotti pasta
- 1 whole carrot (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook manicotti shells according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella cheese, 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Heat spaghetti sauce in a small saucepan. I always cook it for about 30 minutes with a whole carrot to remove some of the acidity of the spaghetti sauce.
- Meanwhile spoon plenty (about 3+ tablespoons) of the cheese mixture into the manicotti shells. (OK, I confess, I use my fingers, they work better)
- Spoon enough of the spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom of each individual baking dish, lay 2-3 filled manicotti shells on top of the sauce and cover with additional sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes uncovered.
If you love Italian foods like me, I know you will also enjoy these other great dishes!!