I love a hearty and filling baked potato. If I get to choose a side along with my entrée in a restaurant, a baked potato will always be my choice. I love making them at home, too, but sometimes find I just don’t have the time! Meals often need to be quick and easy. That means waiting over an hour for my spud to bake just doesn’t fit with my busy schedule. That is why this recipe for Instant Pot Baked Potatoes is so awesome! I can have a perfectly cooked baked potato in 20 minutes!
Why You Will Love Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Because they are quick and easy! Scrub the potatoes, pierce them with a fork, set them in the Instant Pot, and in just 20 minutes, voilà, you have perfectly baked potatoes.
- Baked Potatoes are truly versatile. Serve them traditionally as a side dish with some butter and sour cream. Or, if you’re looking to get creative, add some tasty toppings like the ham and cheese shown here. Or, add your favorite chili (turkey, beef, or vegetarian) and some onions and cheese. Mexican style is always a big hit, too. Add some ground beef & salsa and top with grated jack or cheddar cheese. Trying to get your kids to eat veggies? Put some steamed broccoli topped with melted cheese sauce in one of these Instant Pot Baked Potatoes and watch them gobble it up. The possibilities are endless.
- Baked potatoes really are good for you! They are naturally low in fat and cholesterol, and one medium sized russet potato has 10% of the recommended daily value for protein and 16% of the daily value for fiber.
Great Entrées to Accompany Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Looking for some great ideas for entrées to serve with these super quick and tasty Instant Pot Potatoes? Then look no further than the awesome recipes listed below.
This Copy Cat Cracker Barrel Meatloaf recipe is comfort food personified and pairs perfectly with the Instant Pot Baked Potatoes.
Or, perhaps you’re more in the mood for chicken. The Instant Pot Baked Potatoes go great with this Easy Baked Chicken Broccoli recipe.
And then there is always “the other white meat”, pork! This Spinach and Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin is delicious and tastes great with a baked potato.
How to Make Instant Pot Baked Potatoes Step By Step
Step #1: Wash the potatoes and pierce each several times with a fork to vent the steam.
Step #2: Add water to the Instant Pot and place the trivet in the pot. Put the potatoes on top of the trivet where they are up above the water.
Step #3: Close the Instant Pot lid and turn the valve to sealing.
Step #4: Set manual pressure time of 20 minutes. Do a quick pressure release.
Step #5: Remove the potatoes from the pot and serve with your favorite baked potato toppings (diced ham, cheddar cheese & green onion shown).
- 6 large baking potatoes, scrubbed and poked several times with a fork to vent
- 2 cups water
- Wash the potatoes and pierce each several times with a fork to vent the steam.
- Add water to the Instant Pot and place the trivet in the pot. Put the potatoes on top of the trivet where they are up above the water.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and turn the valve to sealing.
- Set manual pressure time of 20 minutes. Do a quick pressure release.
- Remove the potatoes from the pot and serve with your favorite baked potato toppings (diced ham, cheddar cheese & green onion shown).