If your family is like mine, then Taco Tuesday is probably a weekly occurrence at your house. But let’s be honest, tacos can get a little boring, same meat, same toppings, same flavors. Introducing your new go-to dish: Instant Pot Beef Carnitas!
Instant Pot Beef Carnitas will add flair and flavor to Taco Tuesday! It is pure, perfectly spiced, tender meat that just falls apart with your fork. Wrap it up in a tortilla and garnish with cilantro and sour cream, and yum! Your taste buds will be in heaven!
3 Reasons Why You’ll Love Instant Pot Beef Carnitas
#1: The flavor is mind blowing! Spiced up with onion, pepper, chipotle sauce, Adobo seasoning, oregano, cumin and garlic powder, this is one beef carnitas that packs a whole lot of flavor with just the right amount of heat!
#2: The meat is tender and juicy! Cooking the beef roast in the Instant Pot holds in the moisture and prevents the meat from drying out.
#3: This recipe is super easy and requires minimum work on your part! After the initial 15 minutes of chopping onions and peppers and searing the meat, then just add the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot, set it and forget it until it’s ready to shred and serve.
What is Adobo seasoning?
Adobo seasoning is typically used in Latin or Spanish foods to provide a smoky and earthy depth of flavor. Although there are numerous variations of Adobo seasoning, it is traditionally made up of paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and oregano.
You can purchase pre-made Adobo seasoning at your local grocery store (found in the Mexican or International food aisle) or you can order it online from retailers. But, why not try making your own? Simply combine 1/4 cup paprika, 3 tablespoons black pepper, 2 tablespoons onion powder, 2 tablespoons dried oregano, 2 tablespoons ground cumin, and 1 tablespoon garlic powder. Store in an airtight jar or container in a cool, dry location.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Beef Carnitas
Carnitas, like most Mexican and Spanish dishes, is typically served with rice and beans. You could give this easy, Instant Pot Refried Beans recipe a try or how about these, delicious Mexican Rice with Stuffed Peppers. Want to change things up completely? Then we suggest this fresh and tasty Salsa Verde Mexican Pasta Salad.
How to Make Instant Pot Beef Carnitas Step by Step
Step #1: On sauté mode, sear meat on both sides, then turn sauté off.
Step #2: Combine remaining ingredients in the Instant Pot.
Step #3: Close the lid and turn the valve to sealing position.
Step #4: Next, set to a manual high time for 80 minutes. When the cooking time has finished, allow for a manual pressure release before removing the meat from the pot to shred.
Step #5: Once meat has been shredded, place in a serving dish and combine with juices and seasonings from the pot.
Serve and enjoy!
More Recipes Like Instant Pot Beef Carnitas
Love Instant Pot Beef Carnitas? Then you’ll have to try these other easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes.Print
Instant Pot Beef Carnitas
This Instant Pot Beef Carnitas recipe is moist, tender and full of flavor!
- Yield: serves 6-8
- 2 ½ -3 pound beef roast
- ½ large red onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper (any color, or half of two colors- we used red and orange)
- 7 ounce can Chipoltle sauce (found in Mexican or International food aisle of larger grocery stores)
- 1 teaspoon Adobo all purpose seasoning (also found in Mexican or International food aisle)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- On sauté mode, sear meat on both sides, then turn sauté off.
- Combine remaining ingredients in the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and turn the valve to sealing position.
- Set to a manual high time for 80 minutes. When the cooking time has finished, allow for a manual pressure release before removing the meat from the pot to shred.
- Once meat has been shredded, combine with juices and seasonings from the pot in a serving dish.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Cauliflower Fried Rice – Healthy Fried Rice Recipe - 2019/03/20
- Chocolate Cherry Brownies - 2019/03/12
- Cheesecake Pudding - 2019/03/06