Fettuccine with Chicken
One of our favorite Italian flavored meals is Fettuccine Alfredo. We absolutely LOVE it. The taste, the texture, the comfort.
We’re talking about a plate of extraordinary deliciousness dished and ready to serve up for dinner. This version is made in an Instant Pot, so it’s a one pot meal that takes the hassle out of making dinner.
Best Fettuccine Alfredo Chicken Recipe
We’ve made a few different recipes with Alfredo sauce, and they are all good. They are all a little bit different, but they are all great to serve up to just the family or a group of guests.
We especially enjoyed this Copycat Crab Alfredo we made not too long ago, which uses a little bit of a lighter Alfredo sauce. It calls for half and half instead of heavy whipping cream for a lower calorie alternative.
We’re all about taste-testing copycat recipes. And any of these recipes would be phenomenal as starters and side dishes to serve with our Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo.
We’ve got a delicious Copycat Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe that is a delicious appetizer. And you can’t go wrong serving up either Copycat Rosemary Macaroni Grill or Copycat Breadsticks alongside your main dish.
When it comes to pasta, this is seriously one of our favorite recipes.
The Taste of Baked Chicken with Alfredo Sauce
Cooking is meant to be fun, but its also good when you can find ways to reduce your time in the kitchen because as much as we’d like to think otherwise…there isn’t always all that much time to spend cooking.
Busy weeknights get even busier when the school year starts back up each year. And that means less and less time for cooking meals that you and your family will enjoy.
We’ve really been enjoying our instant pot because it offers a time savings in the kitchen.
It also allows people to cook with more whole food ingredients without taking hours and hours to make a meal. That is something we can all get behind.
Dinner time is something that is meant to be enjoyed around the kitchen or dining room table.
When you’re super busy during the week, with after school activities and the like, it’s helpful if not essential to try to cut down on actual dinner prep time in order to spend valuable time with your family.
And, don’t forget to cherish that time with your family when you can because kids grow up way to fast and before you know it everyone in the family is going in different directions.
Cherish Family Dinners
Whether you’re a family with young children, have teenagers or are empty-nesters, having a sit down meal at least once a week is a recipe for success every single time. It’s not always easy to do, but putting in the extra effort is really worth it.
Instant Pot Supplies
For this recipe, you’ll want to have a stainless steel inner pot for your instant pot. We like having a spare inner pot on hand so we can make back to back recipes.
For example, some days we make dinner and then decide to boil eggs in the instant pot right afterwards so we have eggs ready to go for breakfast or lunch.
Making things ahead of time is always a time saver when you’re in a crunch.
Save Room for Dessert!
After a plateful of this delicious Chicken Alfredo Pasta, you’ll want to save a little bit of room for dessert.
Both of these are excellent choices for a tasty dessert idea.
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast halved
- 1 pack dry Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup water
- 1 ½ cup macaroni or broken up fettuccine noodles
- Water to cover pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 stainless steel inner pot (for cooking pasta)
- Put ¾ cup water into pot with steamer rack. Set to sauté to bring the water to a boil.
- While waiting for water to boil, sprinkle Italian seasoning over both sides of chicken breast.
- Place chicken on rack. It’s ok to stack the chicken pieces on top of each other.
- Cancel sauté mode.
- In the inner pot, place macaroni. Add olive oil and just enough water to cover pasta and about ¼ inch over top. Stir.
- Place inner pot on top of chicken. Set pot to cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Quick release.
- Remove inner pot. Add Alfredo sauce to macaroni. Mix well.
- Remove rack with chicken. Cut into bite-sized chunks.
- Optional: In a baking dish, add chicken to macaroni, mix well and pop into oven to brown top.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Fudgy Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe - 2019/04/18
- Healthy Easy Sweet and Sour Pork Chops Recipe with Pineapple and Peppers - 2019/04/17
- Strawberry Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Glaze - 2019/04/07