I love when I find a recipe that makes a staple food easier to make. And that’s exactly how I feel about this simple and quick recipe for Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs! Hard-boiled eggs are great eaten solo as a protein-rich snack. They also make a delicious addition to a green salad, and taste amazing when added to tuna and chicken salads. Plus, who doesn’t love snacking on classic Deviled eggs? I always keep some in the fridge for these and for many other uses. That’s why I am thrilled with this foolproof recipe for Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs!
Why You Will Love This Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs Recipe
- Because it is easy and fast! Just place the eggs into the Instant Pot basket, pop the basket into the pot and then set the timer. No more waiting for water to boil. No more boiling water splashing on the stove. No more eggs cracking as they bounce against each other. No more forgetting the eggs on the stove and having them boil dry. Well, maybe that’s just my issue, but in any case, it is no longer a worry with this Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Egg recipe.
- The Instant Pot makes a perfect hard-boiled egg. Every. Single. Time. Boiling eggs always sounds like a simple concept, but I often undercook or, as previously mentioned, overcook my eggs. But we have kicked that dilemma to the curb with this Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Egg recipe.
- So simple to peel! I’m not sure what it is about that Instant Pot environment, but it is so much easier to peel the shells off of eggs that are hard-boiled in the Instant Pot. Try it for yourself and see!
Additional Delicious and Easy Instant Pot Recipes
If you love cooking in the Instant Pot as much as I do, then you’ll want to check out these other great Instant Pot recipes:
Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Salmon is a delicious, healthy and popular dinner choice.
Looking for a great dish to go with that awesome salmon? How about making Instant Pot Heirloom Potato Salad?
And let’s not forget about a sweet and tasty dessert! Try this recipe for easy and colorful Instant Pot Orange Creamsicle Cake.
How to Make Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs
Step #1: Add 1 cup water to the Instant Pot inner pot.
Step #2: Next, add eggs to a steaming basket or to the trivet.
Step #3: Place steaming basket into Instant Pot over water.
Step #4: Close the lid on the pressure cooker and then turn the valve to the sealing position.
Step #5: Set to a manual high time for 5 minutes. When the cooking time has finished, allow a natural release for 5 minutes before releasing the rest of the pressure.
Step #6: Remove eggs from the steamer basket and place them in an ice water bath to stop the cooking process. Shells will easily peel off the eggs with little effort.
Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs
You’ll love this foolproof recipe for Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12
Eggs, any number up to filling the Instant Pot half full
- Add 1 cup water to the Instant Pot inner pot.
- Add eggs to a steaming basket or to the trivet over water.
- Close the lid on the pressure cooker and turn the valve to the sealing position.
- Set to a manual high time for 5 minutes. When the cooking time has finished, do a natural release for 5 minutes before releasing the rest of the pressure.
- Remove eggs from the steamer basket and place them in an ice water bath to stop the cooking process. Shells will easily peel off the eggs with little effort.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Cauliflower Fried Rice – Healthy Fried Rice Recipe - 2019/03/20
- Chocolate Cherry Brownies - 2019/03/12
- Cheesecake Pudding - 2019/03/06