It seems that hummus is suddenly appearing in refrigerator cases everywhere. And, why not? It’s a truly delicious and healthy snack. This recipe for Instant Pot Roasted Red Pepper Hummus takes the flavor up a notch with the addition of another popular, relative new-comer to the food scene, roasted red peppers. The addition of roasted red peppers, with their tangy quality and smoky flavor, provides an extra level of depth and interest to the classic hummus spread. And, thanks to the multi-function wonder that is the Instant Pot, this Roasted Red Pepper Hummus recipe is so easy to make!
What is Hummus?
Hummus is a dip/spread made of ground chickpeas that are mixed with lemon, garlic, olive oil, and tahini. If you are unfamiliar with tahini, it is a paste made from ground sesame seeds. While tahini is often eaten on its own, it is also a key ingredient of hummus. Both hummus and tahini are popular staples of a Middle Eastern diet, and are delicious and healthy.
What Do You Eat with Roasted Red Pepper Hummus?
Hummus is a versatile dish that can be eaten in so many ways! Traditionally, hummus is spread on pita bread triangles, but check out some of the fun and different suggestions below.
- Cut up assorted veggies such as carrots, celery, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower or green onions and use as a low-cal, healthy and delicious way to enjoy this Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.
- Replace mayonnaise with this Roasted Red Pepper Hummus on your next sandwich. It will provide a unique and tasty flavor with a little extra zing!
- You can get really creative, and use the Roasted Red Pepper Hummus as a substitute for traditional deviled egg filling. What a fun and original appetizer or side dish!
More Recipes Similar to Instant Pot Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Looking for more delectable dips, spreads, or snacks? Then you’ve got to check out these great suggestions:
- Loving the idea of roasted red peppers, but not a fan of hummus? Try this Roasted Red Pepper Dip.
- Or maybe you’re in the mood for a flavorful dip with a little kick to it? In that case, this Chicken Buffalo Dip is just the ticket.
- Like hummus, dill pickles seem to be showing up a lot these days. Our Dill Pickle Dip is unique, fun, and so on-trend!
How to Make Instant Pot Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Step #1: Add chickpeas and chicken broth to the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
Step #2: Then, turn the pressure valve to sealing and set manual pressure on high for 40 minutes.
Step #3: Do a natural release when pressure time has finished, letting the rest of the pressure out after 15 minutes.
Step #4: Drain chickpeas and reserve a half cup of chicken broth to thin hummus.
Step #5: Using an immersion blender, blend chickpeas to a creamy consistency.
Step #6: Next, add in the roasted red peppers with the rest of the remaining ingredients.
Step #7: Blend roasted red peppers and the remaining ingredients together until smooth.
Serve and enjoy!
Instant Pot Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Tangy and smoky roasted red peppers provide an extra level of depth and interest to this quick and easy hummus recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: serves 4
- 1 cup dry chickpeas, rinsed and sorted
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add chickpeas and chicken broth to the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Turn pressure valve to sealing and set manual pressure on high for 40 minutes.
- Do a natural release when pressure time has finished, letting the rest of the pressure out after 15 minutes.
- Drain chickpeas, reserving a half cup of chicken broth to thin hummus.
- Using an immersion blender, blend chickpeas to a creamy consistency. Add in red peppers and remaining ingredients and blend them together.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Paleo Pumpkin Spice Pancakes - 2018/11/19
- Pumpkin Meringue Pie — The Perfect Holiday Pie - 2018/11/17
- Apple Butternut Squash Casserole with Bacon Pecan Topping - 2018/11/14