Hate to clean? Here are some helpful cleaning shortcuts to keep your house company ready in just 15 minutes a day.
- Clean the bathroom while you’re getting ready for the day. Utilize time you already spend in the bathroom by doing a quick daily cleaning of your bathrooms. Bathrooms are a hot zone for germs and bacteria, so nip the germ bug in the bud by wiping down surfaces and sanitizing.
- Keep a bottle of water and vinegar (or other cleaning solution) in your shower and spray the shower walls, curtain, and tub while showering. Wipe down and you are done with your shower, and shower cleaning. Do daily and this will keep your shower fresh and clean.
- Clutter on the counter? Come on! Get that out of the way and get organized. Now that you’ve made the job easier, wipe down the counter daily AFTER you are finished using all your beauty products. Spray and cloth, Clorox wipe, whatever your preference. Wiping down the counter is fast and easy, and guess what? You’re standing there anyway.
- Keep the toilet fresh. No matter what your favorite cleaning product is for cleaning toilets, keep cleaning products on hand in each bathroom (in a child-safe cabinet). When you’re ready to hop in the shower, pour in a small amount of your favorite cleaning product in the toilet, swish around, and let it soak while you are in the shower. Get out of the shower, swish around some more, and flush. Wipe down the seat, lid and outside of the toilet after you clean the sink. One washcloth- less mess. If you really want to make your guests feel luxurious consider adding in small updates like Kohler Faucets or new cabinet pulls. These projects only take a short time and can make a huge difference for a guest to impress.
- Have a powder room? This is one room that can get a ton of daily traffic depending on the layout of home. Spending just a few minutes a day wiping down the sink counter and cleaning the toilet will not only keep it clean, but it will keep your family healthier. Use the same tips that worked for cleaning your other bathrooms: keep cleaning products handy, keep the counter clear, and wipe down daily.
- De-clutter every single day. Check out these tips to keep your home clutter free and get rid of drop zones. Simply put, when you see something in the wrong spot, put it where it belongs.
- Vacuum at least a few times a week, daily if you have pets or children tracking in and out. If you have a vacuum that works on hard surface floors, this works great and saves time. If you have pets, the perfect vacuum to try is the Dyson DC39 Animal Vac. Ours is the best!
- Dust living room every few days, more if needed. With high traffic and pets, sometimes dust can collect quickly. Keep it clean, keep it simple.
- Kitchens can be the heart of the home, and where company loves to mingle. A well lived in, clean kitchen, can be a wonderful place to chat with friends and family. Tips to stay on top of it:
- Keep counters clear and clean.
- Unload the dishwasher daily and load it back up. Keep a sink with soapy water at meal time to wash pots and pans, or anything else that can’t be thrown in the dishwasher. Don’t let it sit and wait for later.
- Sweep daily, spot mop or steam mop as needed, and mop a couple times a week.
These quick cleaning tips will help you keep your house clean in no time.
Have a quick cleaning tip? Leave a comment.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Grilled Pork Pineapple Kabobs - 2017/05/28
- Confetti Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting - 2017/05/26
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pudding Cake with Strawberry Topping - 2017/05/25