Think chili dog in a bowl without the bun. When I first made this chili, that wasn’t what I was going for, but it turned out so good.
My goal was simply to find a new dish to use up some kielbasa sausage that I bought on sale (and double coupons) a while back. I still have about 4-5 packages of kielbasa, so you’ll surely be seeing some more kielbasa concoctions around here.
My first try, Kielbasa Chili was a knockout home run. Well, except for my daughter who hates hotdogs and didn’t believe there weren’t hotdogs in the chili even when I showed her the package. I guess processed meat isn’t something I should want to make my kids like, so I’m okay with that. She had leftover Chicken Enchilada Casserole instead.
I paired this Kielbasa Chili with Salad (in a jar) and fresh veggies that I’d cut up during my produce prep earlier in the week. Let me tell you, that is a huge time-saver and something I would recommend to anyone. Especially those who aren’t getting enough veggies in their diet.
I try not to use a ton of canned foods, especially condensed soups, even though I love fast and easy meals. This recipe called for canned chili beans, canned tomatoes, kielbasa sausage, and a partially seeded jalapeno. I removed half of the seeds from the jalapeno because I didn’t want the chili to be overly spicy. Served with sour and green onions, the soup was spicy without being overly so.
Kielbasa Chili is a perfect twist on your standard chili and takes just about 20 minutes from start to finish. What can be more simple than that for a quick and easy meal that just might become a new family favorite?Print
Kielbasa Chili Recipe
A twist on the standard chili. Kielbasa Chili mixes it up and tastes like chili dogs in a bowl without the bun.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chili beans
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 13.5 ounces Kielbasa sausage, diced (I used Johnsonville 2-single serve sealed sausages)
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 jalapeno, chopped with half of the seeds discarded
- Combine all ingredients and heat in saucepan over medium low heat for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with sour cream and green onions. Pair with salad or fresh veggies.
You May Also Like:
And don’t forget dessert:
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Herbed Cheese and Mushroom Bruschetta - 2017/06/23
- Best Mustard Pork Loin and Tasty Thyme-Roasted Carrots - 2017/06/23
- Colorful Rosemary Roasted Potatoes Recipe - 2017/06/21