We have always enjoyed making those fun creations using the boxed baking mix and one of the best was the traditional cheeseburger pie. Calorie and fat laden it may be easy and popular but not so diet friendly. I’ve tried many versions of the baking mix and attempted to create my own but still found it to be far outside my calorie or point range. This Lowfat Cheeseburger Pie (and Weight Watcher Friendly version) is a bit different but very satisfying and only 6 Weight Watchers Points per serving. That’s a bit higher than my typical meal but much lower than the 17 points per serving of the traditional variety. I hope you enjoy our adaptation as much as our family does.
LOWFAT CHEESBURGER PIE
1 4 oz Package Roasted Garlic Instant Mashed Potatoes Unprepared
½ Cup Water
1 Pound Ground Turkey
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
4 Slices 2% American Cheese (fat free can be substituted but does not melt as well)
1 Cup Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
1 Small Tomato Sliced
1. In pie plate, mix together instant potatoes with water. Will form a paste/dough that can then be pressed into pie plate to form “crust”.
2. Brown ground turkey seasoning with salt, pepper and garlic.
3. Drain excess fat/liquid from cooked meat and pour into “crust”.
4. Top with cheese slices
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crust has “set”
6. Top with lettuce and tomato
Makes 4 servings at 6 Weight Watchers Points each. Crust will not be solid like traditional pie crust and will be slightly crumbly. Scoop this Lowfat Cheeseburger Pie Recipe and serve with fresh salad or preferred vegetables.
If you like this recipe, you’ll be sure to love this Weight Watchers Banana Bread Recipe!