This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HeroesEatMMs #Collectivebias
Do you know what is better than M&M’S®? A Chocolate M&M’s Icebox Cake decorated with M&M’s, AND Captain America: The Winter Soldier for a movie night at home, that’s what! In case you don’t believe me, let me just tell you what exactly would happen if I surprised my superhero loving daughter with a Captain America movie night, with a side of M&M topped dessert.
She would scream. Did you hear me? SCREAM. Seriously… it would probably be more like a squeal, and you’d want to cover your ears for sure. I know I would.
So, that’s on the agenda… because there is nothing more amazing than surprising your child to the point where they are just so excited they can’t even contain them-self, right?
Whenever I want to make a recipe in a hurry that I know everyone will like, I immediately think of an icebox cake. This bright and cheery M&M’s Icebox Cake literally took 10 minutes to make, and I’d wager to bet that you more than likely have many of the ingredients at home already. Well… you do if you keep things like chocolate pudding mix, milk, whipped topping, and graham crackers on hand. Oh yeah, and we can’t forget the key ingredient: M&M’s!
When I was at Walmart the other day, I stocked up on all my dessert making supplies (and M&M’s!) because I don’t like having to run out to the store to buy one or two things every day. When I stock up, I’m less likely to have to do that. Lucky for me (or my daughter anyway!) they had Captain America at the store too, and it looked like it was going fast.
This double-dose of chocolate is RICH and delicious. I’d suggest a tall glass of milk to serve alongside dessert, but hey… that will just make your superhero’s bones a little bit stronger, right?
M&M’s Icebox Cake
Ready to make this easy dessert for your superhero? Here’s what you need: 2 sleeves of graham crackers, 2 boxes instant chocolate pudding, 3 1/2 cups milk, 12 ounces whipped topping, and M&M’s- about a cup… plus another handful if you’re as chocolate crazy as I am!
To assemble this delectable dessert, simply layer it up. Crackers, chocolate pudding, crackers, chocolate pudding with whipped cream, crackers, more chocolate pudding with whipped cream and M&M’s on top. Yum!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- Mix one package of instant pudding together with 2 cups of milk. Set aside. Mix the other package of pudding together with 1 1/2 cups of milk. Add whipped cream to that bowl and mix together with pudding.
- Assemble ice box cake by layering ingredients. Graham crackers, followed by all of the the first pudding mix, then another layer of graham crackers. Add half the pudding/whipped topping mixture, followed by another layer of graham crackers and then the remaining pudding. Top with M&M's, chill, and serve.
More from All She Cooks
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Pomegranate Punch - 2017/02/22
- Seasoned Mixed Nuts - 2017/02/21
- Where to Buy an Instant Pot and How to Use Instant Pots - 2017/02/20