This is my newest article in the Pinterest series. It is not even posted on my blog yet, but shared first here at @ Home Take 2.
It is how to add the “Pin It” button in your WordPress blog. Don’t worry if you have Blogger, TypePad, or WordPress.com (the free version), those tutorials you can find by clicking here. Also be sure to check out the “Related Pinterest Articles” at the very bottom of this post. Okay, let’s get started!
Installing the Pinterest Pin It Plugin
First, you need to download the plugin.
- Go to: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/pinterest-pin-it-button/
- Right-click on the orange Download Versions 1.3.1 button and select Download Linked File As (if using a Mac or Save Target As if using a PC) and leave the default name as pinterest-pin-it-button.zip. Click Save and it is saved to your computer in the specified location.
Next, login to your WordPress site.
- From the Dashboard
- Click on Plugins
- Add New
- From the next screen (Install Plugins), click on Upload.
- Then click Choose File to select the zip file you just downloaded (pinterest-pin-it-button.zip) and then click Install Now.
- You will then see messages and that it was installed successfully.
- Click Activate Plugin. (Takes a few moments (depends on internet speed as well)).
- Then a message appears “Ready to be Pinned?” and that you’ve installed the Pinterest “Pin It” button and now just have to configure the settings. You will also see the Pinterest “Pin It” Button in your Plugins list.
To view and configure settings:
- Click the blue Pin It Button Settings.
- I kept the defaults. However, if you change any settings, click Save Settings.
Take at a look at the final result.
The PinIt button will appear somewhere at the bottom of your post content area (along with any other share buttons you may have setup separately).
Related Pinterest Articles:
- Share buttons in Blogger.
- Share buttons in TypePad. “Pin It” button now in Post Footer settings!
- How to install the “Pin It” button in TypePad, Blogger, and WordPress.com
- Additional notes on adding the “Pin It” button and how it is used (pulls pictures).
- Pinterest: Ultimate Guide to Pinterest.
- Instaling the Follow Me on Pinterest sidebar button.
I hope you enjoyed this Pinterest article. You may find many other free, blog help articles at Blogs By Heather as well as a new series called 101 Blogging Tips.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Best Coleslaw Recipe for Good Summer Meals - 2017/07/25
- Parmesan Green Beans Recipe – Thanksgiving Side Dishes - 2017/07/21
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad Recipe – With Several Pasta Types - 2017/07/20