Now these Rice Krispies Pops have pizazz! Rice Krispies Pops with M&Ms, white chocolate icing and a stick that turns the treats into Rice Krispies Pops. Isn’t this a fun spin on a the standard Rice Krispie treat? Sure, it takes a little extra time, but this is perfect for a school treat or birthday favor.
Now, I don’t normally qualify as Mom of the Year, but I might now after I stayed up late whipping up this treat so my daughter could bring them to school to share with her class. We went for a Valentine’s Day flare in red, but you could decorate these for just about any occasion. Maybe for a birthday with your child’s favorite color, chocolate covering or drizzle, and birthday sprinkles? The possibilities are limitless!
Rice Krispies Pops
(Makes about 30)
12 oz box of Rice Krispies
2 10 oz bags mini-marshmallows
3 tablespoons margarine
12.6 oz bag M&Ms
1 teaspoon food coloring (we used red)
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
Extra Rice Krispies for thickening (as needed)
- Heat marshmallows and margarine in a microwave safe bowl for 60 seconds at a time until well melted. Stir after each 60 seconds. It should take about 2-2 1/2 minutes for mixture to be completely melted.
- Pour Rice Krispies in a large bowl. If you want the M&Ms to be melted in with the cereal, mix those in now. Otherwise hold off untilt he mixture has cooled a bit.
- Once the marshmallow mixture has melted, pour it over the cereal. Stir the cereal and marshmallows until well mixed.
- Let the mixture sit for about 5-10 minutes, checking to see if it is starting to firm up. If it has cooled off a bit after 5 minutes, and you have not already added the M&Ms, go ahead and mix them in now.
- To test to see if the Rice Krispies are ready to handle, put a spoonful onto your hand and see if you can form a ball out of it. If it appears too gooey, slowly add about a 1/2 cup of Rice Krispies at a time and mix it in. Test again after each addition.
- Make 1 1/2 inch balls and place on wax paper. Let harden up for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt white chocolate in microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds at at time, stirring between. For easy decorating, pour chocolate into a candy icing bottle similar to the one pictured below. It makes the chocolate stretch further and go on much prettier as well.
- Finally, you’re ready to decorate your Rice Krispie balls. Drizzle white chocolate over one side, and then let them sit for about 30 minutes or until chocolate has hardened. Once it has hardened, they are ready to be flipped over and drizzled on the other side.
- After the drizzling has been finished, you are ready to put the sticks in the Rice Krispies. A little trick is to reserve a tiny bit of icy and then drip a bit of it around the base of each stick by the Rice Krispie. This will help hold the stick in place, and it won’t come out so easily being handled.
You might find me linked up to any of these great parties.
Follow us on Pinterest and Facebook
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Weight Watchers Banana Bread Recipe - 2017/11/19
- Stuffed Mushrooms Easy Recipe with Sauteed Mushrooms - 2017/11/18
- Tilapia Fajitas with Peppers and Onions – Just 6 SmartPoints Per Serving - 2017/11/17