I love quiche cold, I love quiche hot, I love quiche for breakfast, lunch or dinner and I love quiche because it is such a versatile dish! The list of ingredients that can be used in a quiche is endless and one of my favorite ways to use leftovers is to make them into a quiche.
Since I am trying to get ready for all those sumer short sleeves and shorts by dropping few winter pounds, today’s quiche is made with the thought in mind to eliminate needless calories and fats. I replaced some of the eggs with egg substitute, added more veggies and reduced the amount of cheese and I was able to really cut the calorie and fat count but did not sacrifice the great flavor.Print
Skinny Crustless Quiche
A great quiche that reduces unnecessary calories without losing those great flavors
- Yield: 4
- Category: Low calorie and Low Fat
- 1 cup of sliced leftover lean steak
- 3/4 cup of asparagus, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup of red bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup of sliced purple onions
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of egg substitute
- 1/4 cup of low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute asparagus, red pepper and onion in a medium skillet over medium high heat until tender using a cooking spray.
- Add steak pieces and heat, remove from heat.
- Place the meat and veggies in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs and the egg substitute, add salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the veggies and steak
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes until knife inserted comes out clean
- Top with cheese and bake for 3 minutes or until cheese is just melted
You May Also Like:
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Bedroom Decor for Fall and Winter at Shopko - 2017/10/05
- A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder in Madison, WI - 2017/10/03
- How to Make a Latte and No Bake Caramel Latte Frozen Icebox Cake - 2017/09/21