I will never forget the first meal I ever tried to make as a child…Spinach Pinwheels. I was so proud of myself for wrapping meat around a vegetable! They looked amazing and my family raved about them.
That experience is probably one of the reasons I love to cook to this day, and I love taking on challenges (it doesn’t take much to challenge me). Today’s challenge was Spinach & Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin.
This Spinach & Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin, has to be my favorite recipe so far. Don’t get me wrong, I still LOVE pulled pork, but the challenge made this recipe so much more enjoyable when I pulled it out of the oven!
You may be wondering how this could possibly be hard, and honestly it’s not for the normal person, but for me, tying a tenderloin together while also trying to hold it together, did prove to be tricky! Thankfully, I managed just fine, and this bad boy looked, smelled, and tasted AMAZING!
Okay, so let’s get this party started! Without further ado, here is our newest recipe:
- 1 Smithfield Peppercorn & Garlic pork tenderloin
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 container of goat cheese
- kitchen twine for rolling and tying tenderloin
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large pan.
- Add onion and drained spinach. Cook until onion is soft then add garlic powder, and bread crumbs. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Butterfly your tenderloin
- Add a layer of cheese (use the entire container)
- Then add the spinach mixture
- Roll your tenderloin tightly and secure with twine.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 45 – 60 minutes
- Check temperature with a meat thermometer to make sure the meat is done. (Temp should read 145)
Smithfield tops my list of pork product brands, and trust me–I’ve tried a lot of them. You seriously won’t be disappointed with the quality of pork tenderloin when you get a taste of this recipe.
You May Also Like:
And don’t forget dessert:
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Confetti Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting - 2017/05/26
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pudding Cake with Strawberry Topping - 2017/05/25
- TWIX® Brownie Trifle- A Decadent Chocolate Dessert - 2017/05/24