Swirled Pumpkin Cheesecake
This swirled pumpkin cheesecake is almost too beautiful to eat!
But of course I said almost….
Last Thanksgiving my girlfriend Kim asked if I could bring a pie for dessert. She was having a dinner party, so I wanted to create something special. Something that folks would ‘Ohhhh and Ahhhh’ over.
Know what I mean?
Now, I’m famous for my pumpkin pie recipes–even my gluten free one, IMHO!
Pumpkin Pie and Thanksgiving go together like, well like pumpkin pie and Thanksgiving!
This Swirled Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe was published in 1995 at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and I’m so glad I discovered it!
The graham cracker crust has a light nutty flavour that includes ground almonds and sugar.
The pumpkin cheesecake filling that includes pumpkin, eggs, cream cheese and spices top it off for a delicious and decadent dessert.
And the swirl part? By taking a ½ cup of batter out of the bowl before adding the pumpkin and spice, you layer it back on the top and then cut a ‘swirl’ through the top with a butter knife. You can really have fun with this and create big swirls or little ones. I opted for bigger swirls to give the top a creamy look.
The preparation time to make this yummy pie is less than 30 minutes, and baking time is 40 to 50 minutes.
You could make this amazing Swirled Pumpkin Cheesecake in the morning and then let it chill until you are ready to serve. It is so rich you can slice the pie into 8-10 servings.
Are you ready to make this amazing dessert? Then let’s get this Baking Party started!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- ¼ butter (melted)
- 1-8oz package of plain cream cheese
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin (cooked) (note: not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, ground almond and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the melted butter and stir until all ingredients are well moistened.
- Spoon the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9” pie plate
- Press the mixture into the plate and up the sides, evening it out as best you can.
- Chill the crust while you are making the filling
- Using your mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth
- Add the eggs, one at a time
- Remove ½ cup of batter and set aside
- Add the pumpkin and pumpkin spices and beat until well blended
- Pour the pumpkin filling onto the graham cracker crust, spreading it out evenly and mounding it slightly in the middle
- Spoon the ½ plain cream cheese batter onto to the top of the pumpkin filling
- Pull a butter knife gently through the mixture making swirls as you go.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between the outside edge and the center comes out clean.
Let cool on a wire rack, and then chill until firm – about 2 hours or until you are ready to serve.
To create a dramatic finish, I piped some whipped cream around the edge and sprinkled the top with graham cracker crumbs. Enjoy!
More from All She Cooks
Latest posts by Judy Kahansky (see all)
- Crockpot Panettone Bread Pudding - 2016/12/29
- No Bake Chocolate Drop Cookies | with Coconut and Oatmeal - 2016/12/10
- Broccoli Chicken Swiss Cheese Casserole - 2016/11/16