Italian food is one of my favorite. If there is cheese and sauce, I'm in love. This three cheese manicotti recipe is easy to make.
Three Cheese Manicotti
You will want to make sure that you cook the pasta aldente, this will make them easier to stuff with the cheese mix. They will cook the rest of the way in the sauce and absorb that delicious flavor.
Add your ingredients in and mix thoroughly.
Add your oregano in. You can add more or less depending on your taste. You can add in basil and tarragon if you want as well.
Use a pastry filler to make this filling the pasta even easier, faster, and less messy.
Stuffing the shells will take a little patience. Just add a spoonful of cheese mix at a time and they will fill quickly. Once it comes of the other end, you are done.
Cover with sauce and cheese and it's time to bake this delicious dish!
Three cheese manicotti
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cook manicotti in a pot with water covering the pasta, until al dente.
- Drain the manicotti and rinse with cold water to cool.
- In medium bowl combine cheeses, egg, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and mix.
- Fill the manicotti with the cheese mixture. I used a spoon to push it into the shell.
- Repeat with remaining manicotti.
- Place the filled manicotti in the bottom of a 9x9 square dish.
- Cover with marinara sauce reserved 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until the cheese is browned nicely on the top.
Regina Sober is the owner and writer of Just Me Regina. She is a married mom of 2 on the go kids. She is passionate about sharing all things Michigan, home cooked recipes, traveling and sharing projects for their 140 year old farm house.