Spices are all the rage during the holidays. I love spiced desserts like gingerbread, and pumpkin spiced anything. These things just make the holidays even more joyous for me and my family. I recently had the opportunity to try a recipe for spiced sugar cookies, and they were fabulous, so I decided to turn that cookie into a cupcake, and it certainly did not disappoint. Quick and easy to make, just like the cookie, these cupcakes will not last long at all if you love a subtle hint of spices in any of your desserts. We devoured these cupcakes. I had to give some away so that we didn’t eat too many because we couldn’t stop eating them. Just the right amount of spice for kids, but still not too sweet for adults. So, without further ado, Vanilla Spiced Cupcakes with Cinnamon Butter Cream.
Cinnamon Butter Cream Vanilla Spiced Cupcakes
- Yield: 48-52
- Category: Dessert
- 3 Sticks of Butter
- 1 Stick/Cup of Shortening
- 8-9 Cups Powdered Sugar (add slowly so you can judge how thick or thin your wish your butter cream to be)
- 3-4 Tsp Cinnamon (To taste)
- 4 Tbsp Milk or Cream
- 3 Cups of Self Rising Flour
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 2 Cups of Buttermilk
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 Stick (1/2 Cup) Of Butter
- 1 Tbls Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Cream together butter and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add Cinnamon
- Add Milk of Cream
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until you get the consistency you want.
- Note: Feel free to add more or less cinnamon to suit your taste. The cinnamon flavor in this recipe was still very light for my taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all of the dry ingredients in your mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add butter and oil and mix for 1 min. or until all of your dry mixture is coated and has a sand-like texture.
- Add your eggs.
- Add your vanilla to your buttermilk, and slowly add that mixture to your mixing bowl. Mix on a medium speed until the batter is smooth, but try to be careful not to over mix your batter.
- Place in cupcake liners and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Top with butter cream, or serve slightly warm without butter cream.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Best Coleslaw Recipe for Good Summer Meals - 2017/07/25
- Parmesan Green Beans Recipe – Thanksgiving Side Dishes - 2017/07/21
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad Recipe – With Several Pasta Types - 2017/07/20