If you've never made ganache, you're seriously missing out. And, I'm here to tell you that it really isn't hard to make at all. In all seriousness, I've never been a gourmet chef. Far from it. My kitchen successes have been hit and miss. We have a ton of chocolate concoctions like the Hot Peanut Butter Fudge Sauce and Chocolate Chocolate Waffles that I made a couple weeks ago.
Chocolate Ganache... oh it can be served up so many ways:
Ever see those extraordinarily decadent cheesecakes or cakes with a layer of oh so smooth chocolate that looks like you could just dive right into it? That's your glaze, like in the photos on this page. And let me tell you... you really can't go wrong with this sweet indulgent variety of frosting. We all need a little frosting in our lives, right? Or, as Matthew McConaughey said in How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, 'Frost yourself'. Now... I know they weren't talking about chocolate there, but come on!
Chocolate Ganache Recipe
Whipped Chocolate Ganache
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat cream on stove and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- When it reaches a boil, add chocolate chips and stir until melted and smooth. It will thicken up a little as you stir.
- Remove from heat to let cool.
If making whipped chocolate ganache:
- Place ganache in the refrigerator to let it cool through. You will also want to put your metal mixing bowl and beater in the refrigerator to chill.
- Once cool, place the chocolate ganache in a cold mixing bowl and mix on high for about five minutes or until whipped to a nice thickness. Your dark chocolate ganache will now be a lighter brown. Use this whipped chocolate ganache for frosting or a filling.
Pinned to the Merry Monday party board! So glad you shared. We've made Orange Vanilla Ganache which was amazing too!
Debbie @ Coach Debbie Runs
Oh my gosh, that looks soooo good! (Though it kind of makes me sad because I'm vegan) Thanks for sharing at the Blogger's Pit Stop!
April J Harris
There's nothing like a good chocolate ganache! Thank you for sharing your recipe with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop. Sharing!
Oh, my goodness, that looks so good!
Pinning this recipe, it is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again soon!