Hello All She Cooks readers! I am here today again to share a fantastic stew recipe with you!
When the cold weather arrives, I can not think of anything but a great, warm, big bowl of stew at the end of the day. This white Bean Stew is so easy to make and done in 25 minutes. Super healthy choice for quick weeknight dinner. I used canned beans, but if you have dry beans, cook up a good pot on the weekend that you can incorporate for a few recipes throughout the week. The original recipe listed arugula for this recipe but I didn’t have it handy so I used spinach. It was a great substitute.
I hope you will enjoy this warm stew as much as we do on a chilly day. And you know what would be an amazing dessert after this fantastic stew..? A PEAR AND GRANOLA MUFFIN ,which also is a very healthy choice. Or how about a Banana Muffin or Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins?Print
White Bean Stew With Pasta
- Yield: 6
- Category: Soup
- 3 cups cook white beans in cooking liquid
- 2 tomatoes,chopped
- 11/2 cups water
- 1 cup dried ditalini or other small pasta
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large saucepan bring the beans, tomatoes and water to boiling.
- Add pasta and simmer, uncovered according to pasta package directions, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Add fresh spinach, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with cheese if you wish.
You may also like:
And don’t forget dessert:
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe - 2017/08/22
- Chopped Chicken Chipotle Salad – a Healthy Dinner Recipe - 2017/08/15
- Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe - 2017/08/12