I love muffins, they are a delicious sweet treat and fun to play with. The varieties are endless. Small changes can make a whole new treat.
With Valentine’s Day coming up I thought it would be fun to create a muffin that is perfect for the holiday. What’s better for Valentine’s Day than strawberries and chocolate? Maybe champagne, but not sure if that would work in a muffin.
Chocolate chip muffins are a favorite in my house, especially for my husband. Adding strawberries to my chocolate chip muffins is a fun way to make a new treat out of a classic.
It’s perfect for Valentine’s Day Breakfast or a slightly less sweet treat. They were gone in no time in my house!
How to Make Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
1. For this muffin recipe, you need a baking mix. I like to make my own baking mix because it’s very simple and has good ingredients. You can also use Bisquick.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a muffin pan with cupcake liners or grease the muffin pan.
3. Next mix the baking mix with the sugar.
4. Add the wet ingredients and mix but be careful not to over mix.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped strawberries. You can use fresh strawberries or frozen. Using frozen be sure not to thaw them.
6. Scoop the batter into your prepared muffin pan. I like to use an ice cream scoop to keep the amount even and make it easier and less messy.
7. Bake for 16-18 minutes, let cool, and enjoy!
You can also use raspberries in place to the strawberries. If you aren’t a fan of chocolate you can also leave the chocolate chips out. You can really make this recipe to fit your tastes.
I like to serve muffins with a side of protein, bacon, eggs, or sausage work well. It’s a favorite Saturday morning breakfast in my house.
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups homemade baking mix or Bisquick
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh or frozen chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix sugar and baking mix.
- Add wet ingredients, don't over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips and strawberries.
- Scoop into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until golden brown.
Be sure to also check out even more delicious muffin recipes and my other delicious recipes here on All She Cooks.