How do you use vinegar? I used to think it was pretty much just for decorating Easter eggs and making dill pickles. Little did I know that vinegar is an AMAZING economical and environmentally friendly cleaning solution.
Here are some great uses for vinegar:
- Refrigerator- give your refrigerator a deep clean with 3 parts hot water and 1 part vinegar.
- All purpose cleaner- mix in a spray bottle with water and use as a surface cleaner.
- Window and Mirror cleaner with no streaks- just make sure you use the right type of cloth.
- Shower Cleaner- a 1:1 ratio of vinegar and dishsoap makes a quick and easy cleaning solution that you can take care of while you're already in the shower.
- Carpet cleaner- I just learned this one and am so impressed... mix ½ and ½ with water in your carpet cleaner and watch the magic unfold.
- Spot remover- I nearly got out a red wine stain in our carpet from two years ago using a combination of vinegar and baking soda. I do believe that if I would have used this method when the stain first happened, I wouldn't even be remembering that stain now.
- Furniture polish... I use my all purpose spray for this, but if you want a lemony scent, you can always mix vinegar with water and then put a squirt of lemon in it. The vinegar will prevent any stickiness from the lemon.
So there you have it, why I love cleaning with vinegar! Best thing is, the kids can do their chores without you having to worry about fumes or exposure to chemical cleaners.
Leave a Comment