How do you use vinegar? I used to think it was pretty much just for decorating Easter eggs and making dill pickles. Little did I know that vinegar is an AMAZING economical and environmentally friendly cleaning solution.
Here are some great uses for vinegar:
- Refrigerator– give your refrigerator a deep clean with 3 parts hot water and 1 part vinegar.
- All purpose cleaner- mix in a spray bottle with water and use as a surface cleaner.
- Window and Mirror cleaner with no streaks- just make sure you use the right type of cloth.
- Shower Cleaner– a 1:1 ratio of vinegar and dishsoap makes a quick and easy cleaning solution that you can take care of while you’re already in the shower.
- Carpet cleaner- I just learned this one and am so impressed… mix 1/2 and 1/2 with water in your carpet cleaner and watch the magic unfold.
- Spot remover- I nearly got out a red wine stain in our carpet from two years ago using a combination of vinegar and baking soda. I do believe that if I would have used this method when the stain first happened, I wouldn’t even be remembering that stain now.
- Furniture polish… I use my all purpose spray for this, but if you want a lemony scent, you can always mix vinegar with water and then put a squirt of lemon in it. The vinegar will prevent any stickiness from the lemon.
So there you have it, why I love cleaning with vinegar! Best thing is, the kids can do their chores without you having to worry about fumes or exposure to chemical cleaners.
The following two tabs change content below.