Clean Smelly Fridge
Have you been wondering how to clean a refrigerator using vinegar? It’s one of those cleaning solutions most of us always have on hand, so it is a great tool to turn to when it comes to cleaning the fridge.
Let’s Evaluate the Sticky Situation
But don’t fret.
[tweetthis twitter_handles=”allshecooks”]Cleaning the fridge doesn’t take a ton of elbow grease with these easy steps. #vinegar #cleaningtips[/tweetthis]
Best Thing Clean Fridge is for–Reducing Stress
Cleaning out that mess that has building up in the fridge doesn’t take a ton of elbow grease. In fact, in just a few easy steps, you’ll be looking at a bright and shiny clean fridge that is easy to maintain. And let’s face it, anywhere that you can reduce clutter–including in the refrigerator–allows for stress reduction that is all-so-important.
Which is a good thing, since I’m pretty sure you’d rather be spending your time baking an Apple Pie or making a Banana Cream Dessert–and actually have room in your clean refrigerator to store them in.
So lets talk kitchen cleaning.
How many of you can look around your kitchen right today and see something that you’re not overly happy about?
- the pile of clutter, stack of paper
- drop zone where everything is tossed the minute you enter the house
- appliances that need a better home…maybe on a larger pantry shelf that you don’t have
- the oven that’s begging to be cleaned
- dish rack that would be better put away
- packaged food that hasn’t been put away
- dirty dishes that haven’t found their way to the dishwasher
- clothes littering the dining room table that is an extension of the kitchen
Cleaning Habits that Work
It is so important to adopt cleaning habits that work. Easier said than done, but important none-the-less. It’s kind of like making your bed in the morning. The longer you stick to a routine of doing something at virtually the same time everyday, the easier it is to maintain a clean and healthy home.
And, it doesn’t have to be perfect by any means. You might be amazed at what a little decluttering can do in your home.
[tweetthis]Reduce stress by cleaning your fridge. Say what? #cleaningtips #stressfree[/tweetthis]
Let’s start with the refrigerator…
How to Clean a Refrigerator Using Vinegar
Cleaning Fridge, Vinegar Makes it Easy
Vinegar and water are all that are needed to get a perfect shine when cleaning a refrigerator. Simply mix 3 parts water with 1 part cleaning vinegar, add a smidgen of elbow grease–because it really doesn’t take much–and you have all that is required to get your refrigerator as clean as it was the day you bought it. With its countless household uses, vinegar is a product that is worth stocking in your pantry as well as with your cleaning supplies.
Steps to Cleaning Fridge
First, make sure you have the right cleaning supplies on hand:
- Clear EVERYTHING out of the refrigerator. A clean slate always makes cleaning an area so much easier.
Add 3 parts hot water and 1 part vinegar to spray bottle and spray liberally onto cleared off refrigerator shelves.
- With a wet washcloth, wipe the shelves and walls down, removing all spills and grime. If you have a tougher stain, try pouring a small amount of undiluted vinegar onto that spot and letting it sit for a few minutes.
- Wipe dry with a towel, and the refrigerator is ready to be restocked.
- To keep your refrigerator looking good between cleanings, keep a bottle of vinegar based cleaner handy for quick clean-ups. Make sure to label it and all other homemade cleaning products. You could also line the refrigerator shelves with washable bin and shelf liners–they are inexpensive and truly make cleanup a breeze.
Before long, once you learn how to clean a refrigerator using vinegar, your fridge will be looking as shiny as can be.
Here are some other great tips for using vinegar around the house.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Cabaret - 2017/03/23
- How to Make Egg Rolls - 2017/03/23
- How to Make Boiled Eggs and Ham and Egg Salad Sandwiches - 2017/03/23